[gmx-developers] Gromacs 4.0.5 released?

Janne Blomqvist Janne.Blomqvist at tkk.fi
Tue May 12 13:19:56 CEST 2009

Manuel Prinz wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> since last Saturday there's a gromacs-4.0.5.tar.gz available on the FTP
> server. Nevertheless, I did not find an announcement on either the website
> or the mailing list. Is this an official release tarball?
>
> On an aside, do you have plans to reactivate the announce mailing list? It
> seems like it hasn't been used in years but I'd really appreciate it to
> use it since announce emails can get lost in the regular list traffic
> quite easily.

On a vaguely related topic, the source code download page on the webpage
still lists 4.0.3 as the newest, and the "web interface to our ftp
server" link is broken, so apparently the way to get the newest version
is to look at the URL of one of the source tarball links, chop off a
suitable part of the URL, and go to the ftp server directory from there
(or just guess the correct URL which isn't too hard, for that matter,
provided you know which version is the newest). Perhaps something
slightly more user-friendly could be done?

http://www.gromacs.org/content/view/79/98/

--
Janne Blomqvist