[gmx-developers] man pages

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu May 21 07:45:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

What mechanism exists to keep man pages up-to-date? I can see in
man/man1/Makefile.am that "This file has been generated by mknroff.pl.
Don't edit it". This perl script is not in scripts however.

The 4.0.5 tarball has man pages that purport to be from 4.0.1, which
leads me to suspect that the man pages and the information from -h flags
might now be out of sync if there have been any changes.

It seems to me that "build new man pages" should be on the to-do list /
make target / whatever for when new releases get made.