[gmx-developers] reading non-gromacs trajectory formats and adding of default extension

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 26 15:07:51 CET 2009

Hi Roland,

You mention that now "The default extension is only added if the
specified file does not exist." Does this mean that I can now do this:

mdrun -deffnm this -o /dev/null -c /dev/null -g /dev/null

This would be very convenient to alleviate demand on our file system
where we are running very many very short simulations and the
opening/closing is beginning to cause problems.

Thanks,
Chris.