[gmx-developers] include files / cmake

Victor Rühle ruehle at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Mon Nov 30 19:50:56 CET 2009

Hey,

The problem occurs with autotools as well. The actual problem is in
typedefs:

#include <types/simple.h>

Which means search in the standard include dirs for types/simple.h. If
you include from a 3rd party package like:

#include <gromacs/???.h>

This dir is not in the search path (so the workaround I mentiond is
CPPFLAGS=-I<prefix>/include/gromacs). What it really should do is look
in the current directory for these files:

#include "types/simple.h"

There were 1-2 more files in types that would need a fix as well (e.g.
in trx.h it should be #include "../molfile_plugin.h")

This way you don't need the package name in the include directives. I
already tried that with an older gromacs version where it worked
perfectly, if you're interested in a patch, I can email it the next days.

Cheers,
Victor