[gmx-developers] Linking error while using external lapack/blas

Béla Voß Bela.Voss at mpibpc.mpg.de
Thu Apr 22 15:13:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

I noticed that running the configure script with the
--with-external-blas or --with-external-lapack options will lead to a
linking error during the make procedure because the configure script
does not check for those libraries and does not add an entry to the LIBS
variable in the makefiles. This applies both to the 4.0.7 version and to
master branch.

I wanted to ask whether this is the desired behaviour in order to
enforce the user to choose the right libraries.
Otherwise i.e. if the configure script should check for all necessary
dependencies (what is in my opinion more correct) this could be fixed by
adding the checks to configure.ac (see attachment)

Kind regards,
Béla