[gmx-developers] problem with Makefile.am

Christoph Junghans junghans at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Tue Apr 27 10:35:01 CEST 2010

Hi there,

> In "make mdrun" lib_LTLIBRARIES is a variable, not a make target in
> src/kernel/Makefile, so I think either the relevant line should be
>
> (cd $(top_builddir)/src/kernel && $(MAKE) $(lib_LTLIBRARIES) ; exit 0)
>
> or there's a make target missing.
>
> The "install-libLTLIBRARIES" in "make install-mdrun" is ok, however.
>
> Mark
basically the problem was that libgmxpreprocess.so was not installed if
one does "make install-mdrun". As $(lib_LTLIBRARIES) shows up in
mdrun_DEPENDENCIES one can safely remove that '$(MAKE) lib_LTLIBRARIES'
line from both makefiles, but '$(MAKE) install-libLTLIBRARIES' has to stay.

Please change it.

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Dipl.-Phys. Christoph Junghans
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research

Phone: +49 6131 379 335
Web: http://www.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/~junghans