[gmx-developers] center of mass bug with pulling reference group

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Tue Apr 27 15:53:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

This method is computationally problematic for pull groups with many atoms.

O good solution would be not to use a pbc atom, but a pbc coordinate,
which is simply
the COM at the previous step. This would only require a search at start up.
I think I did not implement this yet, because it introduces a dependence
of the pull code
on results from the previous step. I'll think some more about this option.

The paper on the cosine based has been submitted. But I think you would
rather use
the simple, normal center of mass whenever possible.

Berk