[gmx-developers] Re: gmx-developers Digest, Vol 72, Issue 10

Esztermann, Ansgar Ansgar.Esztermann at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Fri Apr 30 11:27:53 CEST 2010

On Apr 30, 2010, at 10:59 , David van der Spoel wrote:

>> I used only gdb provided with Ubuntu 9.10 and recent release of gcc4.5.
>> DDD's tutorial sample was debugged without any problem. Solutions
>> suggested in internet mainly refer to the lack of compilation without
>> "-g" flag which seems to be not my case.
>>
>> Could successful DDD users give me some hint how to correctly debug
>> gromacs?
> I'm not sure that using the enable-debug flag really adds -g. You might
> want to compile with
> make CFLAGS=-g

>From a quick look at configure, it does, but only if you do not set CFLAGS yourself.
As to the original question, ddd is nothing but a front-end for gdb, so it should work if gdb does. I would suggest testing the same binary both with gdb and ddd without issuing any other command inbetween. Also, are there any other ddd messages besides the one referring to start.S?

A.

--
Ansgar Esztermann
DV-Systemadministration