[gmx-developers] Test Suite, CTest, CDash

hess at sbc.su.se hess at sbc.su.se
Wed Aug 25 16:44:03 CEST 2010

The same fundamental problems is also present for energies.
MD is chaotic and diverges exponentially.

I have recently fixed gmxcheck for 4.5 to check off-diagonal
tensor elements relatively against the diagonal. This fixes most
virial issues, which were caused by the off-diagonal terms that
fluctuate around zero.

I was thinking of a more general fix for checks.
Relative error checks on energy terms are nonsense,
since the allowed error is not necessarily related to the magnitude
of the term.
A possible fix would be to compare the energy and virial terms
against a fraction of the kinetic energy. This would take care
of both the system size and temperature dependencies of the deviations.

Berk