[gmx-developers] Fluctuations printed by mdrun

Christian Mötzing christian at moetzing.net
Wed Dec 1 18:43:11 CET 2010

Hi, I looked into g_energy. There is a -aver and -fluc option. Both give
me the same output:

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
Potential                  -36331.7        290    1329.64   -2056.31
(kJ/mol)

Is the RMSD the fluctuation? What ist Tot-Drift?
Why do both option give the same ouput? Or am I looking in the wrong
ouput? With both options nothing seems to change in the generated
energy.xvg

Christian