[gmx-developers] Compiling mdrun-gpu

Christian Mötzing christian at moetzing.net
Wed Dec 8 19:13:13 CET 2010

Hi,

I tried to compile the gpu version of gromacs.
As stated in one list entry before I created an extra folder from where
I call cmake.
What I do is:

export OPENMM_ROOT_DIR="PATH/OpenMM" cmake -DGMX_OPENMM=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=PATH/gromacs-gpu
-DGMX_THREADS=OFF ../gromacs-git-current/src

What I get is:

CMake Error at gmxlib/CMakeLists.txt:146 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties called with incorrect number of arguments.

CMake Error at gmxlib/CMakeLists.txt:148 (install):
  install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target
  "gmx".

CMake Error at mdlib/CMakeLists.txt:11 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties called with incorrect number of arguments.

CMake Error at mdlib/CMakeLists.txt:13 (install):
  install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target
  "md".

CMake Error at kernel/CMakeLists.txt:44 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties called with incorrect number of arguments.

CMake Error at kernel/gmx_gpu_utils/CMakeLists.txt:18
(CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES):
  Unknown CMake command "CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES".

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For
more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

I tried gromacs 4.5.3 as well as the current git code. I also switched
between cmake 2.8.2, 2.6.4 and 2.6.2. Nothing makes a difference.
I even cant make a normal build of gromacs with cmake as suggested in
the list.

Any ideas?