[gmx-developers] Patches to fix detection of dirent.h and to fix breackeg introduced by copyright.c and version.h update

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at cbr.su.se
Thu Feb 18 16:14:59 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 14:56,  <hess at sbc.su.se> wrote:
> Makefiles are not my expertise.

Not mine either, in particular when combined with autoconf and libtool...

> My problem was that version.h was not built when copyright.c was compiled.
> I guess because first the .lo file is built and the the .o file
> and the depencency was only for .o.

I tried to test for this before committing, but apparently didn't
clean all necessary files to actually notice it. I did a bit more
testing, and it really seems that a rule like copyrite.c: version.h
works, although it escapes me why it does. But adding copyrite.lo:
version.h also works, and is more intuitive, so I committed that. I
also added comments to the Makefile.am to document these issues,
otherwise it could cause more confusion later on.

Teemu

--
Teemu Murtola
<teemu.murtola at iki.fi>