[gmx-developers] output_env_t questions and extensions

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Jan 20 08:56:56 CET 2010

Hi,

I wonder

whether the init_output_env and set_output_env routines could not be
made static, and furthermore whether we should not make the exported
routine names more specific,e.g.

output_env_get_view(oenv) instead of get_view
output_env_get_print_xvgr_codes(oenv) instead of get_print_xvgr_codes

Or is this all going to be wrapped up when we transition to C++?

Furthermore I would like to add a generic verbosity level (integer) to
all programs that is stored in the oenv and accessed with a routine
output_env_verbosity(oenv). The debug level could also be stored here in
the same manner.

Furthermore I wonder why this stuff is outcommented? It would allow to
get rid of some more global variables, right?
#if 0
     const char *program; /* the program name */
     char *cmdline; /* the re-assembled command line */
#endif