[gmx-developers] double -v options of mdrun in git master

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Jan 25 12:17:54 CET 2010

On 1/25/10 11:50 AM, Berk Hess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also just noticed this.
> I changed the -v that David added in statutil.h to -verb and also made
> it hidden,
> since we don't want an option to appear in 100 programs that only works
> in grompp.

OK,

the reason I put it there initially was to control verbosity of library
stuff (e.g. opening library file XXX). However now I moved those
messages to the debug file. Verbosity seems a better way because it is
easier to control for the user. In that case one would have to pass
extra stuff down to libopen however (or use globals).

@Sander:

did you just revert Berk's changes above then?