[gmx-developers] force field reorganization

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Jan 26 02:03:25 CET 2010

Good idea.

----- Original Message -----
From: Berk Hess <hess at cbr.su.se>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:13
Subject: Re: [gmx-developers] force field reorganization
To: Discussion list for GROMACS development <gmx-developers at gromacs.org>

> Ah, good that you mention this.
> I thought about this, but forgot about it.
> I will add a check such that is always uses the first entry and
> warns you
> when it ignores are second one.
> Your working dir will always be read first.

Hopefully this means that the contents of the working directory take *precedence*, rather than being read first, and over-written later by the GMXLIB contents.

To add an extra ion type to (say) OPLSAA, would it be necessary to have oplsaa.ff directory in the working directory, with modified files forcefield.atp and ions.itp? Or will be sufficient to have such files with only the extra information required?

Should grompp and pdb2gmx have a verbose mode that is able to report which file contributed which piece of data?

Mark