[gmx-developers] CFLAGS for ppc, etc. with CMake

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Jul 1 08:05:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

one more:

Cray has this annoying thing that it has some additional output for its
compiler wrappers.

One has to set
           export XTPE_INFO_MESSAGE_OFF=yes
otherwise all cc always returns
           /opt/cray/xt-asyncpe/3.7/bin/cc: INFO: linux target is being
used
on stderr and thus test compiler tests checking the stderr don't work.

Why is it that the stderr

I'm not sure how to handle this best
1) tell user they have to set XTPE_INFO_MESSAGE_OFF
2) set XTPE_INFO_MESSAGE_OFF in configure (it doesn't has any other affect
but deactivating the message - so it should be fine)
3) ignore this (andalso similar?) messages on stderr

Roland