[gmx-developers] Gromacs parallel I/O?

Sander Pronk pronk at cbr.su.se
Tue Jul 6 22:58:24 CEST 2010

That's true; right now only the MPI rank 0 process writes trajectories (and with -multisim multiple processes get to be rank 0 for their communicator).
Under normal circumstances, the time spent writing out trajectories should be negligible compared to the rest of the MD algorithm. For the version beyond the soon-to-be released 4.5, we're looking into parallel I/O for the processing tools, but nothing has been decided yet.