[gmx-developers] Removal of -noaddpart option from mdrun

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Mon Jul 19 11:31:34 CEST 2010

I don't understand the issue.

If you request new file names, the will be no old files with matching
names to append to
and mdrun will by default write the requested file names without the
part number added.

The only thing that is not possible with the new setup, as far as I can
see, is to write to
the same file names as before, without appending, and have the old files
backed up to #...#.

Berk