[gmx-developers] MSVC 32bit + SSE

Sander Pronk pronk at cbr.su.se
Mon Jul 26 22:06:59 CEST 2010

I just checked, and MSVC does appear to support more than 3 __m128 parameters if parameters 4 and up are pointers. Your solution would probably work, but we'd be working around - and introducing additional complexity for - a braindead compiler, on a platform where icc does the right thing.

The other issue with MSVC is that it doesn't support fftw: we might as well require icc+mkl or cygwin for Windows. People who use Windows and insist on the MSVC development environment are probably used to paying for their compiler and OS anyway...

Once C++ is allowed, the easy solution would be to make those parameters const references, so there's no need to change the calling code.

Sander