[gmx-developers] How to name ions?

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Wed Jul 28 16:52:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

I don't understand your mail.

The are essentially two issues:
1) What molecule, residue and atom names should the ions have in the
force field files in Gromacs
2) How does the user know what names to use in genion.

Is your suggestion for issue 2)?

A proper solution would let genion print a list of ions or translate
standard ion names
to forcefield names. But that would require that genion knows which
force field you are using.
The simplest solution would be to use the same names for all force
fields and document
them in the manual.

Berk