[gmx-developers] New mdp parameter

Florian Dommert dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 3 11:45:33 CEST 2010

Hello,

 when talking about the next release I have a small request. So far the splitting parameter of the Ewald routines can just be supplied indirectly via the parameter ewald_rtol. However as I have almost finished the implementation of an error estimate for the SPME it would be very useful to be able to input the splitting parameter beta directly. So far I always achieved this by patching ewald_util.c, that calc_ewaldcoeff returns just the positive value of dtol, if the input of dtol is negative.
So what do you think bout adding a new parameter to the mdp file like, ewald_beta or ewald_split, that is just used if larger than zero ?

Cheers,
Flo
--
Florian Dommert