[gmx-developers] Parallelized g_rdf

Christoph Junghans junghans at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Thu Jun 10 09:25:03 CEST 2010

He Nikos,

the VOTCA packages comes with a trivial parallelized version of g_rdf,
called multi_g_rdf, it is just a script:
<http://code.google.com/p/votca/source/browse/scripts/multi_g_rdf.in?repo=csg>

We divide the trajectory in blocks over time and calculate the rdf of
every block in parallel.

e.g. replace
echo "A\nA" | g_rdf -bin 0.05
by
echo "A\nA" | multi_g_rdf -8 -- -bin 0.05
and it will the same job using 8 tasks

See 'multi_g_rdf --help' for more informations

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Dipl.-Phys. Christoph Junghans
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research

Phone: +49 6131 379 335
Web: http://www.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/~junghans