[gmx-developers] next Gromacs release

Rossen Apostolov rossen.apostolov at cbr.su.se
Thu Jun 17 15:57:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

It seems that June 15 was a little too ambitious for a release date but
at least things are wrapping up. Here is what is still on the table
(functionality wise):

    * amber ff - Berk will have this in very soon
    * history function - Roland can merge the branch into master
    * it will be nice to include also g_membed (from Gerrit Groenhof)
      and g_correlation (from Helmut Grubmuller)

We  don't need to close everything in bugzilla before the release, but
we need a list of the "blockers" which have to be cleared. Here is a
list of some possible candidates:

    * 269 and 429 (Mark Abraham seems to have a patches for those)
    * 416 (all-vs-all)
    * 432, 437, 441- windows (sse, GB)
    * 443 (pdb2gmx fatal error)

Do all of those need to be resolved and is there anything else that
should be cleared too?

Rossen