[gmx-developers] Help to compute backbone angles during simulation

Rodrigo Faccioli rodrigo_faccioli at uol.com.br
Fri Jun 18 20:12:29 CEST 2010

David, thanks for your answer.

I would like to know more details about your ideas to analyse cartesian
space rather than dihedral space.

I understand that sampling in dihedral space may contain some problems.
However, it allows to exploit the search space with a lower computation
time.

The dihedral representation is common in Evolutionary Algorithms (EA) based
on not only in its power of exploit the search space but also, in thesis,
can select the best conformations because the worse conformations
(superposition of atoms, for example) have greater energy value. So, these
conformations have less change to be selected for new generation.

Sorry if my explanation about dihedral representation in EA isn't enough.
I'm computer scientist try understanding about some physical properties. I
might make mistakes :-)

Thanks in advance,

--
Rodrigo Antonio Faccioli