[gmx-developers] OPLS-AA validation

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Jun 23 04:57:26 CEST 2010

Random tidbit-  About a year ago, I validated the Gromacs OPLS-AA
implementation versus OPLS-AA 2005 from Schrodinger, both in Macromodoel and
Prime. Currently, this is the closest thing to versioning in OPLS-AA, since
Jorgensen has generally avoided version numbers.

There were a number of small differences in torsions and angles that were
identified, which had mostly to do with atom typing, plus a few rounding
errors.   I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to use these changes as
the default OPLS-AA implementation?  I've got a lot of different data on the
exact differences, but I'll wait to post all of it until I see if people are
actually interested!

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor