[gmx-developers] XML support in GROMACS

Thomas Steinke steinke at zib.de
Mon Mar 8 19:43:12 CET 2010

Dear developers,

I am contacting you regarding a future XML (CML) support in GROMACS. The
background of my question is as follows: GROMACS is one of the key
simulation packages in the German MoSGrid project and we are involved in
the design of data repositories using GROMACS data.

On the GROMACS Developers Projects page I found that "XML-devel" for
Preprocessing is assigned for a 4.x release and that a "XML-spec" is
scheduled for the 5.0 release.

Can somebody disclose detailed information about the status and possibly
release dates for XML support in GROMACS?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Steinke