[gmx-developers] Re: Bug 597 and previous diff: any hint to a confused gromacs source code newbie?

ms devicerandom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 11:26:59 CET 2010

On 12/11/10 01:57, Mark Abraham wrote:
> On 12/11/2010 7:52 AM, Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) wrote:
>> My understanding is that the 4.5.x code has corrected this error
>> independently from my commit. So what is in the master now is correct. So
>> I assume your question is how to backport the fix into 4.0.7? Someone
>> correct me if am wrong in either of these assumptions.
>
> The code in src/gmxlib/dihres.c is unchanged from that of a year ago
> (master or release-4-5-patches), so I think this error is not fixed.

Yes, that's what looked like to me on the git web interface.

I also have another question: I actually copied the code snippet (well,
I reimplemented it verbatim in Python) and I looked at the potential it
generates -at a glance, it seems fully consistent with what is expected,
a periodic flat-bottomed harmonic potential centered around phi0... so I
am unsure of what is the bug.

--
Massimo Sandal, Ph.D.
http://devicerandom.org