[gmx-developers] Merge enforced rotation branch into master

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Wed Nov 17 11:35:22 CET 2010

On 11/17/2010 11:33 AM, Carsten Kutzner wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2010, at 10:42 PM, hess at sbc.su.se wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> A question on the mdp/inputrec options.
>> I hope these are hidden when you don't use this, as for normal pull options.
>>
> Hi Berk,
>
> rotation options are analogous to pull options. The only extra
> mdp option that is always there is of course
>
> rotation = yes / no
>
> I can also make the rotation output files in the mdrun file list hidden.
>
> Carsten

I thought rotation was a sub option of the pull options, but apparently
it is not.
How does it interact will the pull options then?
Can you use pulling and rotation simultaneously?
I guess it should work fine when you pull and rotate the same groups,
but they could interfere when the groups overlap partially.

PS I would like to change the pull groups such that there is not by
definition
a single reference group, but that can define general pairs.

Berk