[gmx-developers] Re: flushing files

hess at sbc.su.se hess at sbc.su.se
Wed Oct 13 08:05:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

I think there is no fundamental reason why we can not flush
only at checkpointing. I don't recall what the originial motivation
was for flushing every frame. This was probably done before we use
the whole output file list in the checkpointing code, so the only
reason might have been because of checkpointing.
I like that I always have every frame immediately, but having it
up to at most 15 minutes ago is also fine.
The question is if we should only flush at checkpointing by default
or have a switch or some automated setting (we could even catch
a signal to flush immediately).

Berk