[gmx-developers] available contribution: loop over pull code

hess at sbc.su.se hess at sbc.su.se
Wed Sep 8 22:36:52 CEST 2010

I was already thinking about being able to specify multiple pull pairs.
You had asked about that before and it would indeed be a useful option
and not too complicated too implement.
Now you ask asking for several more things.
I don't know if different pull types would be of general use and that
would complicate the code and make it more bug-prone, especially for
checking what options do and don't work together. We've already had
several bugs in 4.0 in combinations of pull options.

Communication cost will be an issue at high parallelization.
For you this might (usually) not be an issue, but in Gromacs we would like
to keep everything compatible and fast, also at high parallelization.

Ideally users should be able to write plugins for things like complex
pulling. We will start working on modularization and making the code more
object oriented now.

Berk