[gmx-developers] Development Communication Tools, was: Python interface for Gromacs

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Fri Sep 10 01:54:32 CEST 2010

I also strongly support issue tracking systems. Most importantly, a
well set up system with bugs, features, roadmap, wiki, etc. as
integrated and as straightforward to use as possible - pretty much
what Teemu suggested. The problem I see with the current setup is that
there is a very loose (in some case almost no) integration between
bugs/features and their assignments to developers, git, etc.

Although I don't have deep experience with any of the systems, I've
heard good things about Trac and Redmine. However, switching to any of
them would of course require a bit of effort - though it very well
might pay off.

Otherwise, getting Bugzilla a bit in shape could also help a lot, for
instance git integration (http://www.theoldmonk.net/gitzilla) would
save a lot of headache.

--
Szilárd