[gmx-developers] Interface - energy value from peptide conformation

Martin Kamp Jensen martin.kamp.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 21:32:01 CEST 2010

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer. I was not being clear in my first mail. Please see
below.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Mark Abraham <mark.abraham at anu.edu.au>wrote:

> [...]

This seems like a good idea when you have all the conformations for which
you want to look up energy values. The thing is, I need to get an energy
value, then do some work outside of GROMACS, get a new energy value, etc.

Imagine you have two conformations in the energy landscape, both are local
minima. Then I would like to find out how a conformation should change to
get from one to another while trying to ensure low energy values for the
intermediate conformations. This will require the use of heuristics that
will need to look up the energy value in each step where a conformation will
be changed slightly from one towards another.

> Mark

Regards,
Martin.