[gmx-developers] Reaction Filed crash!

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Tue Dec 13 18:02:08 CET 2011

Hi,

I did one more check.
I can run a 128 residue protein for 100 ps with both nstlist=4 and
nstlist=5 without warnings.
But I do see that the protein is much more above the target temperature
than the water.

One difference I did notice is that you are using a Berendsen thermostat.
I would always use the Bussi thermostat (v-rescale) instead.
With that thermostat you can make tau_t arbitrarily small.
So I would try tau_t=0.05

Cheers,

Berk