[gmx-developers] Geometry-dependent (non-spherically symmetric) potentials

hess at sbc.su.se hess at sbc.su.se
Tue Jan 11 17:55:43 CET 2011

> On 11/01/11 16:32, hess at sbc.su.se wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are these 3 particles completely independent or are two of the particles
>> somehow bound together?
>> In the latter case you could use and modify the generic charge group
>> inner loops.
>
> Latter case. Thanks for the suggestion -can you elaborate on this, just
> to help me understanding why and how this is a viable opportunity? :)
> thanks!
>
> m.

Atoms in the same charge group are kept sequential in all circumstances
in Gromacs, in particular they end up sequentially in the neighbor list.

When you set the env.var. GMX_NBLISTCG interaction are calculated
charge group wise with plain C code in src/gmxlib/nonbonded/nb_generic_cg.c.
So you will then have access to all 3 coordinates at once.

Berk