[gmx-developers] t_fileio has initializer but incomplete type

T. Paramo tp334 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 19:24:33 CET 2011

Hi all!

Whenever I try to use the library xtcio distributed in gromacs-4.5.3 I am
getting this error:

t_fileio has initializer but incomplete type

which makes sense, cause t_fileio is a type declared in gmxfio.h

typedef struct t_fileio t_fileio;

but it looks like the proper struct is never declared (at least I have been
unable to find it). It looks like some code is missing... or maybe i am
supposed to somehow initialize the struct in my program? (I have read in
the comments that t_fileio should be a list, so this is not so trivial)

Thanks in advance

Cheers