[gmx-developers] Bug merging from release to master

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Jan 22 10:36:38 CET 2011

On 22/01/2011 8:10 PM, David van der Spoel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can I still
> git checkout master
> git merge release-4-5-patches
> after I fixed a bug in the release branch? (in the src/tools dir if
> that matters).

I doubt it. That would only work if the accumulated changes in
release-4-5-patches do not conflict with the code movement that has
happened in master.

IIRC "git cherry-pick" would allow you to replicate a small number of
commits from another branch, if that was desirable. Subsequently merging
when cherry-picking has occurred should be smooth.