[gmx-developers] GMX + ORCA QM/MM

Gerrit Groenhof ggroenh at gwdg.de
Wed Jul 13 12:03:10 CEST 2011

  I had a look anyway.

On grompp: Since 4.0, the QM atoms need to be in one topology file. Thus
if you have 6 water, you need an atoms section with 6 waters. Dividing
the QM atoms over multiple topologies does not work. see below.

On mdrun, the above problem works with gmx/gaussian. I never worked with
gmx/orca before, but frmo the gromacs side there seems no problem anymore.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Gerrit

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; defaults and all atom types ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[ defaults ]
; nbfunc   comb-rule   gen-pairs   fudgeLJ   fudgeQQ
   1        2           yes         1.0       1.0

[ atomtypes ]
; name   mass     charge     ptype   sigma       epsilon
   OW   8  16.0     -0.8476    A       0.3165492   0.650299
   HW   1   1.0      0.4238    A       0.0         0.0

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; SPC/E water ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[ moleculetype ]
; molname   nrexcl
   SOL       1

     [ atoms ]
     ; nr   type   resnr   residue   atom   cgnr   charge    mass
       1    OW     1       SOL       OW     1      -0.8476
       2    HW     1       SOL       HW1    1       0.4238
       3    HW     1       SOL       HW2    1       0.4238

     [ settles ]
     ; OW   funct   doh   dhh
       1    1       0.1   0.1633

     [ exclusions ]
     1   2   3
     2   1   3
     3   1   2

[ moleculetype ]
; molname   nrexcl
    QM       1

     [ atoms ]
     ; nr   type   resnr   residue   atom   cgnr   charge    mass
       1    OW     1       QM        OW     1      -0.8476
       2    HW     1       QM        HW1    1       0.4238
       3    HW     1       QM        HW2    1       0.4238
       4    OW     1       QM        OW     1      -0.8476
       5    HW     1       QM        HW1    1       0.4238
       6    HW     1       QM        HW2    1       0.4238
       7    OW     1       QM        OW     1      -0.8476
       8    HW     1       QM        HW1    1       0.4238
       9    HW     1       QM        HW2    1       0.4238
      10    OW     1       QM        OW     1      -0.8476
      11    HW     1       QM        HW1    1       0.4238
      12    HW     1       QM        HW2    1       0.4238
      13    OW     1       QM        OW     1      -0.8476
      14    HW     1       QM        HW1    1       0.4238
      15    HW     1       QM        HW2    1       0.4238
      16    OW     1       QM        OW     1      -0.8476
      17    HW     1       QM        HW1    1       0.4238
      18    HW     1       QM        HW2    1       0.4238

[ system ]
something weird

[ molecules ]
QM          1