[gmx-developers] Re: In preparation for 4.5.5 and 4.6 releases

Igor Leontyev ileontyev at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 28 09:21:33 CEST 2011

> Hi,
>
> We are preparing for a new maintenance release 4.5.5. It will fix
> critical open issues with previous releases, so please file your reports
> in redmine.gromacs.org by the end of June.

If it's not too late I would like to mention couple cosmetic issues:

1) Printing out of node loading for Particle Decomposition is
malfunctioning.  Output of bonded interaction distribution is suppressed if
master node is not loaded by that type of interaction though other nodes can
be loaded. For fix replace the lines in "pr_idef_division" subroutine as
follows:

/*   BUG: the division is not printed if nr = 0 on master
    if (idef->il[ftype].nr > 0) {
      nr  = idef->il[ftype].nr;
*/
    if (multinr[ftype][nnodes-1] > 0) {

2) For single precision simulations mdrun (4.5.4) prints out "Testing x86_64
SSE2 support" instead of "x86_64 SSE" as it use to be in  gmx 4.0.7.