[gmx-developers] decoupling in free energy calculations for binding

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Thu Jun 23 11:23:03 CEST 2011

Hi,

You can manually set up the decoupling, but that's very tedious and
error prone.
I think the best procedure would be to restrain using the pull code,
but I don't know if that's currently flexible enough to cover most cases.
If not, we should think about extend the functionality of the pull code.

I though the decoupled state is described somewhere in the manual.
It is a non-periodic state with pure Coulomb and LJ interactions without
cut-offs
(unless you use couple-intramol).

Berk