[gmx-developers] decoupling in free energy calculations for binding

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 00:03:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

The specific thing we're trying to achieve here (in this case) is add a flat
bottom distance restraint between an atom in the ligand and a virtual site
in the center of a protein binding site. Not sure if that can be achieved
with the pull code?

We are also (separately) interested in having distance, angle, and dihedral
restraints between reference atoms in the ligand and reference atoms in the
protein. These restraints need to be lambda dependent, and ideally we would
like to be able to use them with decoupling (again, currently not possible).
Is the pull code flexible enough to be able to do angle and dihedral
restraints somehow? (There is a fairly specific set of restraints we need
for technical reasons -- one distance, two angles, three torsions. Other
forms won't get us what we need...).

Thanks.

David Mobley
Assistant Professor