[gmx-developers] How to compile for SCALASCA?

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 3 12:46:11 CET 2011

On 03/03/11, Fabio Affinito  <f.affinito at cineca.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to compile gromacs 4.5.3 in order to profile with scalasca. I
> tried to modify the environment variables, i.e. CC="skin xlc_r" and so
> on, but in this way the configure fails.
> Do you have any hint to suggest me?

I'd expect a compiler command that did not have a space in it would be an option that was much more likely to work. Consult the SCALASCA docs for how it should be invoked. This can't be a novel problem. In extremis, you may need to make a shell script that can be invoked as a command with one space, which calls the compiler they way it needs to be called.

Otherwise, you'll have to look in configure.log and find out what actually broke. "configure fails" is not a useful diagnostic.

Mark