[gmx-developers] Decimal floating types

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Thu Mar 3 19:04:34 CET 2011

Hi,

Yes, but while adding things up it doesn't matter how we round them,
we want as little rounding as possible. We can round to decimals in the
output,
which is anyhow what printf does to make it human readable.
For the particular case of time we never add. We only multiple nsteps by dt.
But dt is not necessarily a decimal nicely rounded number.
Often it's 0.002 ps, but it might be 1/300 ps.

Berk