[gmx-developers] What is the function of 'dd_collect_state' used to ?

Yukun Wang wangykoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:38:28 CET 2011

Hi
    What is the function of 'dd_collect_state' used to ?

In the md.c there is a function as:
  dd_collect_state(cr->dd,state,state_global)
I don't know what' the mean of it,and where was it defined.

I want to realize a work by gromacs, that there are several simulations
which coulped weakly only by exchanging position information of a group of
atoms for every n steps, and for each simulation I want to run parallelly.
So the trouble is coming for each simulation with domain decomposition
parallelizing that this group of atoms would be distributed in different
node.
How can I get those data from different nodes in the running time?  If I put
the self-written coulping code in the master node for each simulation how I
do this data gathering job?