[gmx-developers] Unusual virtual interaction sites

Lee-Ping leeping at MIT.EDU
Sat May 7 22:30:21 CEST 2011

I did think about that.  My reasoning is a bit roundabout - my force
field parameterization strategy is to match the MM energies/forces to ab
initio calculations.  Thus, in the end there needs to be a force on the
physical atom.

When one has virtual sites, the forces are propagated from the virtual
site onto the host atom.  But when there are constraints, I don't think
this is the case.

- Lee-Ping