[gmx-developers] Re: git server maintenance finished

Rossen Apostolov rossen at kth.se
Wed May 11 22:52:49 CEST 2011

Hi Justin,

On 5/11/11 9:20 PM, Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

> Is anyone else having problems with git commits not showing up on
> redmine?  I made a couple small changes to both the manual and
> release-4-5-patches yesterday and they still haven't shown up.
I noticed this problem today but didn't have time to fix it.

The problem was that some of the file permissions in the repository were
wrong. Probably gitolite did it during the initial setup. And e.g. if
you checkout as anonymous through git:// you wouldn't even get the
release-4-5patches branch. But I think I've fixed it now :)

> I also see the following upon doing the git push:
>
> remote: sed: can't read ./description: No such file or directory

Might something coming from gitolite but I'll look at that tomorrow.

> Any idea what this is about?  It looks like it might be related to the
> way the commit strings are written to gmx-commit i.e.
>
> [gmx-commit] branch, release-4-5-patches, updated.
>
> instead of:
>
> [gmx-commit] Gromacs source branch, release-4-5-patches, updated.

I hope it works now. Let me know if something strange is happening again.

Rossen