[gmx-developers] bug fixing

Rossen Apostolov rossen at kth.se
Wed Sep 7 17:19:01 CEST 2011

Dear developers,

We are a little late with the schedule, but next week we'll have 4.5.5
released. And right after that we'll fork off 4.6 for adding some
exciting new functionality!

Even though we'd like to have a lot of the reported bugs
(http://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/issues) cleared, we'll be
able to fix only a few of them due to time and manpower constraints.

Until now only a small group of core developers had write access to the
repository. That however was preventing the wider community of easily
contributing patches. Recently we set up a gerrit server
(http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/) through which patches could be
submitted by anyone but reviewed by the main developers before merging.
We have enabled the code review for the stable (release-4-5-patches) and
development (master) branches. Other branches are not accessible through
gerrit.

If you would like to help with the development and clear some of the
bugs, please register at gerrit.gromacs.org and submit your patches.
Information about how to register and use the system is available at
http://www.gromacs.org/Developer_Zone/Git/Gerrit. Note: contributions
will inherit the license used by Gromacs, i.e. GPL.

Cheers,
Rossen