[gmx-developers] Problems building for OS X with threads

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Sun Apr 1 05:50:58 CEST 2012

Hi, all-

I'm very recently (with 4.6 updates in the last couple of weeks) having
issues with building gromacs with threads on OS X.  When I try to compile
with shared libraries, I get:

ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/libgomp.dylib, file was built for i386 which
is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

When I build without shared libraries, it compiles, but crashes when run
with -nt more than 1.

Currently using OS X 10.6.8, gcc 4.1.2 to compile.

Everything works fine with 4.5.5, and with earlier versions of 4.6.

Anyone else having similar problems, or know what changes could have caused
this?

Thanks!
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor