[gmx-developers] Re: TNG format in Gromacs

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Apr 17 23:47:53 CEST 2012

One other thing to note here is that HD5 is the basis for netCDF, at least
since 2009, which is also very widely used.  So presumably if any group is
using netCDF, they have a way to deal with HD5 portability as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetCDF

netCDF usage:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/standards.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/usage.html

BTW, Should we be bringing netCDF into the discussion as well?  I don't know
enough about I/O standards to answer that question myself. . .

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor
Department of Chemical Engineering