[gmx-developers] AMBER FF validation

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Thu Aug 23 09:27:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

The current Amber force field implementations in Gromacs are based
on Eric's original ports and adapted by me with some minor changes
by Erik Lindahl to adher closer to the original Amber force fields.
The results of the Amber force fields in Gromacs have been compared
with results in Amber by Erik Thompson and Eric Sorin. I don't recall
that we explicitly checked amber99sb-ildn, but that differs only in a few
dihedrals.
Currently nothing is being validated, as the force fields didn't change
the past years.
If new, useful force fields appear we will probably include them, but only
after validation against Amber, as we did for e.g. Charmm as well.

Cheers,

Berk