[gmx-developers] GROMACS 4.6 error in file src/gromacs/analysisdata/analysisdata.cpp:45:0

Thomas Evangelidis tevang3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:54:21 CEST 2012

>> If you could provide us more information of why your gcc doesn't
> >> understand -mavx that would be useful. Is gcc really 4.7 as cmake
> prints?
> >> Gcc 4.7 should support 4.7 thus this is confusing. How did you obtain
> gcc?
> >> Is it from your distribution (if so which one) or did you download and
> >> compile gcc yourself? If so how?
> >>

> > Yes, its the precompiled gcc 4.7 from Fedora 17 86_64 repositories.
> That odd. Anyone has access to Fedora 17 and can try to reproduce
> this? It seems it would be really nice to have more distributions on
> Jenkins.
>

> > Both command lines failed. cmake is looking for a file a library named
> > "libfftw3f" which does not exist in my fftw installation. What configure
> > options do you use to compile fftw?
> You probably compiled fftw without "--enable-float". You can also use
> the fftw library without sse from before. It will work it just isn't
> won't be quite as fast.

Actually I did. This is the command line I used the last time:

./configure --enable-float --enable-threads
--prefix=`pwd`/single_precision_installation_dir --enable-sse

Here's the list of files in my fftw installation directory matching the
pattern "libfftw3f". I couldn't find any "libfftw3f.so" as the error says.

$ find ../fftw-3.3.2/single_precision_installation_dir/ -wholename
"*libfftw3f*"
../fftw-3.3.2/single_precision_installation_dir/lib/libfftw3f_threads.la
../fftw-3.3.2/single_precision_installation_dir/lib/libfftw3f.la
../fftw-3.3.2/single_precision_installation_dir/lib/libfftw3f_threads.a
../fftw-3.3.2/single_precision_installation_dir/lib/libfftw3f.a